Lauki also known as Bottle Gourd in English is a widely eaten vegetable in India. It has high nutritional value and is good for health. Mostly people make vegetable from it and serve it with chapatis / roti’s nut today we are going to make Famous Indian Sweet using Bottle Gourd / Lauki. It tastes amazing and is a perfect fit for a after lunch or dinner dessert.
Lauki ka Halwa has mainly 3 key ingredients which are easily available at home. It takes approximately 1 hour to prepare and cook this recipe and can be stored in refrigerator for a week. It is liked by people of all age group since it has a universal taste of sweetness and is smooth and melts in mouth when eaten warm. It can be clubbed with Hot Gulab Jamun’s which increases it’s taste and is a perfect combo.
More Recipes: Red Sauce Pasta Recipe
Before we start this recipe i would like you all to now that you can add few more ingredients according to your taste and availability. I have added some dry fruits in it and you can add more dry fruits of your choice. Also i have used sugar crystals for sweetness. You can sugar free cubes in place of sugar if you are diabetic. So let’s start making this delicious and easy to make Indian Sweet – Lauki ka Halwa, before you start wondering how tasty this is going to be.
Lauki Halwa Recipe
- 1 Lauki / Bottle Gourd Soft with no seeds
- 50 ml Desi Ghee
- 5 to 8 Almonds
- 5 to 8 Cashew
- 1 Tsp Chironji
- 1 Litre Milk Full Cream Milk
- 100 Gram Sugar
- 1 Tsp Elaichi Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Green Food Colour Optional
- 4 to 5 Pistachio For Garnishing
- Take one Lauki / Bottle Gourd and peel it. Wash it and then grate. Avoid grating the seeds of bottle gourd.
- Take 1 Tea Spoon of Desi Ghee and heat it in a Kadhai.
- Add Almonds, cashews, chironji and any other dry fruits of your choice and saute them. Remove them from Kadhai.
- Add Grated Lauki in Kadhai and stir fry for 2 minute.
- Add 1 litre of full cream milk to it and cook it until milk turns thick. Keep stirring in between.
- Add Sugar to it and mix well until it melts completely.
- Also add Elaichi Powder to it and mix well.
- At last add natural edible green food colour to it and mix well.
- Once the Halwa is thick and steady add the roasted dry fruits and switch off the flame.
- Serve in a Bowl and Garnish it with some chopped Pistachio / Pista.