To make Suji Aloo Bonda we need Semolina and Boiled Potato. If we talk about Bonda Recipe, then Mysore Bonda or Plain Aloo Bonda Recipe is quite famous. But we are going to give it a little twist and make it a unique recipe.
Bonda is basically Pakora/ dumpling / Cutlet. It is a deep fried South Indian Snack. It is a famous dish of Mysore and Maharashtra. It has a crunchy outer layer and soft and moist inner core. This makes it a perfect fit for a evening snack.
Let’s start making Suji Aloo Bonda Recipe which is easy to make and taste delicious. It is crunchy from outside and soft and moist from outside. I have stuffed mashed potato filling instead of which you can use paneer as well or any other fillings of your choice.
Suji Aloo Bonda Recipe
- 1 Tsp Jeera / Cumin Seeds
- 1 Onion
- 2 to 3 Green Chilli
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Capsicum
- 3 Boiled Potato
- 1/2 Tsp Haldi / Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Kitchen King Masala
- 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Coriander Leaves
- 2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Ajwain / Fennel Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Haldi / Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 250 gram Semolina / Suji
- 1 Litre Cooking Oil For Frying
- Take 1 tsp mustard oil in a pan. Heat it.
- Add Jeera / cumin seeds to it.
- Add chopped onion to it and saute it well.
- Now add green chilli, grated ginger, chopped carrot and chopped capsicum to it. Mix well and saute them.
- Add Mashed Boiled Potato to it.
- Add haldi / turmeric powder, red chilli powder, chaat masala, kitchen king masala, garam masala and salt. Mix everything well and cook for 2 to 3 minute.
- Add coriander leaves once ready.
- Let this mixture cool for 15 minutes.
- Now take 2 cup water in a fresh pan.
- Add Ajwain / Fennel seeds, haldi / Turmeric powder, salt and 1 tsp oil to this boiling water.
- Now add semolina (suji) to it and mix everything well and cook until it absorbs all the water and turns into a soft dough.
- Let this dough cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, make small balls of potato mixture and cover them with the semolina dough. Make tight balls / bonda.
- Deep fry these bonda until golden brown.
- Serve them with Green Chutney or Tomato Ketchup.